Google Play M-Pesa Integration
What is Google play payment via M-PESA?+
This is a service offered to M-PESA registered customers with Android phones to be able to purchase applications and digital goods from the Google play store using M-PESA as a payment option.
Who can use the service?+
This service is only offered to users in Kenya with registered M-PESA accounts, Google accounts and android devices.
Will I be required to pair my mobile number to Google?+
Yes, the first time you buy an app or game on Google playstore you will be required to register a payment profile and your mobile number will be automatically linked. The next time you buy an app or game, you’ll be able to use M-PESA payments option to pay for it.
How can I add M-PESA as a payment method?+
- Go to Google Playstore on your Android device
- Click on the home icon
- Select “account”
- Go to “payments methods”
- Select “M-PESA Xpress billing”
- Register your personal details and save
How will the customer make an M-PESA payment?+
- Customer will select the App to purchase and select M-PESA Xpress as the payment option.
- A confirmation window will appear indicating the amount of the app and payment option selected. The customer will proceed to click “BUY”.
- The customer will get a push notification to their phone requesting for input of the M-PESA PIN to complete the transaction
- Upon confirmation, funds will be deducted from the customers’ M-PESA account and transaction completed.
- The app will automatically start to install.
Can I purchase an app directly without setting up a payment option on Google playstore?+
When purchasing an app for the 1st time you will be forced to setup a payment option. Select M-PESA Xpress billing, register your details and proceed to purchase.
Can I setup M-PESA payments on Google play if I already setup credit/debit card payments?+
If you have a credit or debit card linked to your Google account, you can still setup M-PESA as a payment method.
Can I register more than one Google account to my number?+
Yes, you can setup more one account to your mobile number.
Can I use a dual SIM handset on Google Play and pay with M-PESA?+
Yes, you need to ensure the Safaricom line is on SIM one and disable the twin SIM functionality.
What happens when I change my mobile number?+
When you change your mobile number, the system will auto sync the new mobile number.
I have clicked the buy icon but I cannot receive the M-PESA payment push?+
If you can receive M-PESA PIN push, kindly update your SIM card by dialing *234*1*6#
What will be the response time to get the app after the M-PESA payment has been done?+
The app will be downloaded immediately
How can I view my order history?+
To view your Google Play order history log on the website below
What happens if I do not receive the app purchased?+
If app refuses to install after a successful payment, kindly contact Google help center https://support.google.com/googleplay
Can the customer purchase using M-PESA when roaming?+
Yes if you activated roaming services and we have a roaming agreement in that country.
Once I purchase an app can I get a refund?+
You will be able to refund an app or game within 48 hours after purchase
How do I refund an app/game purchased?+
- Search for app or game on Google Play store
- Click on the “refund” icon
- The app/game will be uninstalled
- You will receive a refund confirmation message from M-PESA
Note: You can only return an app or game for a refund once. If you buy it again you will not be able to get a refund. If a refund is issued you will lose access to the item.
Where can I get general help on Google service?+