Safaricom Platinum Service
What is Safaricom Platinum?+
Safaricom Platinum is a life-style driven monthly service that gives customers a worry free mobile plan, platinum service and bill manger all accessible from mySafaricom app
What is Safaricom Platinum?+
Safaricom Platinum Plans are value-for-money mobile packages that allow you to enjoy affordable and convenient plans by giving you integrated data, voice and SMS packages.
Who is eligible for Safaricom Platinum?+
Safaricom Platinum will be available to all individual Safaricom PrePay, PostPay and Hybrid subscribers.
What are the available purchase options for Safaricom Platinum?+
i. “Platinum” Plans
a. These are one off plans available for Prepay subs only
b. The plans will have a 30 day validity.
c. Payment options available will be via Airtime, M-PESA or Bonga points.
d. For Bonga the below matrix will be used;
|Price Point||Bonga Points|
ii. “Platinum Plus” plans
a. These plans are available for PostPay, hybrid and PrePay subs who opt to migrate to Platinum Plus.
b. The plans will be auto renewing beginning of every month.
c. First month of subscription, customers will receive prorated resources depending on the date of purchase but will later on receive full resources 1st of every month.
d. Bill payment will be via;
- M-PESA through Safaricom PostPay Pay Bill 200200
- Bonga points via paybill 200200
- Safaricom retail shops
How can I move my PrePay line to Platinum Plus?+
a. Prepay Subscriber will be required to select “Move to Platinum Plus” option on mySafaricom app
b. Payment will be via M-PESA and customer will be required to pay for the plan and make a deposit similar to the plan selected.
c. Customers will be required to share their Email address (where they will be receiving their monthly bill statements); and
d. Subscribers will be required to accept to Terms and condition before successful plan payment via M-PESA
e. They will then wait for an SMS confirmation after successfully migrating their numbers to PostPay Platinum Plus.
They will receive the below message:
Dear customer, your request for Platinum X K is being processed. You will receive a confirmation SMS within 1 Hour
What happens if I move to Platinum Plus?+
A PrePay subscriber that chooses to “move to Platinum Plus” will become a hybrid subscriber
What happens if I exhaust my resources before 30 days?+
On full utilisation of the bundle resources before thirty (30) days, Prepay subscribers can top up and purchase another platinum plan.
PostPay subscribers will be prompted to unsubscribe from the existing plan after which they will be allowed to purchase another Platinum Plus plan
What payment options are available for PostPay/ hybrid customers?+
Individual PostPay and hybrid subs will make payment via credit limit.
Can I purchase Platinum Plus plan that is higher than my PostPay limit?+
Customers who wish to buy plans higher than their limit will be prompted to increase their credit limit via M-PESA before purchasing their preferred plans.
How can I opt out of the platinum plan plus?+
i. Prepay customers who migrate to Platinum Plus and wish to terminate the Platinum service will be required to visit any Safaricom retail shop
ii. PostPay and PostPay hybrid customers who subscribed to Platinum Plus and wish to opt out can select the “Stop Auto renew” option from mySafaricom app.
How can I access the incentivized services from Shell Petrol station?+
- Go to mySafaricom app and click on the “Hot Deals” tab and select Shell Offers.
- Select your preferred oil type from the list showcased.
- Select the quantity desired and it will automatically pick the price.
- Key in the till number of the shell petrol station and proceed to buy. Please note that only till numbers will go through
- Proceed to confirm on your choice of purchase
- Select payment method i.e. M-PESA
- Proceed to pay and key in your M-PESA PIN.
- You will receive a notification on successful purchase.
- You are thereafter entitled to a minor service of your car. The service covers oil change, plug change and filters change. The attendant will serve you accordingly upon request.
- The validity of the minor service is on the day of purchase of the lubricants
How can I access the incentivized services from Eat out?+
- Go to mySafaricom app and click on the “Hot Deals” tab and select Dining Offers.
- Select your choice of dining restaurant from the list of restaurants showcased.
- Tap on the button that displays the discount to select the offer.
- It is advisable to proceed & confirm on your discount offer once at the restaurant by presenting this to the waiter serving you.
- The restaurant will receive a notification on their end with the details of the discount redeemed.
- The bill will thereafter be revised to reflect the new discounted price which will be presented for your payment.
- You may pay the bill using cash, M-PESA, credit or debit as per Restaurant policies.
How can I access the incentivized services through Ticketsasa?+
- Go mySafaricom app and click on the “Hot Deals” tab and select Events and Travel.
- Select your choice of interest on either events, holidays or flights
- Payment options are available on the app. Ticket confirmations will be sent to you on email.
What is Bill manager?+
- Platinum customers will enjoy bill manager on the App allowing them to save and pay bills all in one transaction.
- Customers will no longer need to memorize till or Paybill numbers when making payment as bill manager will keep tab of this
- Bill manager will also remind Platinum customers of their bill payment due dates
What is the validity of the Platinum Plans?+
The Platinum Plans are valid for 30 days from purchase / subscription date after which they will expire.
Can I extend validity of my resources if I purchase another platinum plan before expiry of the current plan?+
Customers will not be able to roll over / extend expiry of the resources. The bundled resources will be valid for 30 days after which any unused resource will expire.
Can the Platinum Plans be used for International calls and SMS?+
i. Resources received after purchasing Platinum Plans Ksh 2K and Ksh 3K will be used for data, local calls and SMS (on net and off net)
ii. Resources received after purchasing Platinum Plans Ksh 5K and Ksh 10K will be used for data, local calls & SMS (on net and off net) as well as International calls to USA, Canada, China & India
iii. The Platinum Plans will not be used to make international SMS
Can I use the Platinum Plans to roam?+
Platinum Plans will not be used while roaming, however customers can top up their lines or buy Roaming bundles.
Can I use Platinum Plans for premium rate services?+
Platinum Plans cannot be used for premium rate services.
Can I subscribe to the Platinum Plans while on Flex bundle or karibu PostPay 1000 / 2500?+
Customers on Flex plans, Karibu PostPay will be required to finish their resources or wait until their bundle expires before subscribing to Platinum Plans.
I bought Platinum Plans but have previous data from *544# what will be the order of priority for usage?+
- Free Resources (Stori Ibambe bonus, free minutes, free data)
- Limited data bundles(i.e. daily, weekly and monthly data bundles)
- Advantage plans
- Safaricom Platinum Plans
- Bonga redemption for SMS, data, minutes and airtime.
- Main account(Regular airtime for Prepay customers and available PostPay limit for PostPay customers)
Can I sambaza my Platinum Plan Bundles?+
You cannot transfer (Sambaza) Safaricom Platinum Plan bundles to other subscribers
Will I accumulate Bonga points on purchase of Platinum Plans?+
You will accumulate Bonga Points on purchase of the Safaricom Platinum Plans The table below shows how much you will accumulate after purchasing the plan:
|Platinum Plus & Platinum|
|Platinum 1K||100 Points|
|Platinum 2K||200 Points|
|Platinum 3K||300 Points|
|Platinum 5K||500 Points|
|Platinum 10K||1000 Points|
What happens to my resources when my number is disconnected due to lack of bill payment?+
Resources for lines that are disconnected for lack of payment will be purged and will not be available upon reconnection.